Patients shall have the right to become familiar with the data contained in themedical record prepared on them, and shall have the right to request information on their healthcare data.
Patients shall have the right to
- be informed of the processing of the data related to medical treatment;
- become familiar with the healthcare data relating to him;
- gain access to the medical record and to receive and make copies thereof at his own expense;
- be given a discharge summary upon discharge from the healthcare facility;
- receive a written summary or abridged opinion of his healthcaredata for justified purposes, at his own expense.
Detailed rules on the processing and protection of healthcare data and relevant personal data is specified by law.